Washington State Auditor's Office Entrance Conference
Accountability audit for January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021
They will examine the management, use and safeguarding of public resources to ensure there is protection from misuse and misappropriation. In addition, they will evaluate whether there is reasonable assurance for adherence to applicable state laws, regulations and policies and procedures.
They plan to evaluate the following areas:
- Accounts payable – general disbursements and credit cards
- Account receivable – utility billing
- Cash Receipting – timeliness and completeness of deposits, voids and adjustments at the Convention Center
- Self-insurance for unemployment
- Open public meetings – compliance with minutes, meetings and executive session requirements
- Financial condition – reviewing for indications of financial distress
They will provide an opinion on whether your financial statements are presented fairly, in all material respects, in accordance with the applicable reporting framework. The audit does not attempt to confirm the accuracy of every
amount, but does search for errors large enough to affect the conclusions and decisions of a financial statement user.
Click here for Entrance Agenda and Engagement Letter
Click the following link to view the video
Washington State Auditor's Office Entrance Conference 11.07.2022.mp4 – Recording