Learning About Your Local Government
Ocean Shores Citizens Academy 2023
Learning About Your Local Government (Presented by the Ocean Shores Public Library)The Ocean Shores Citizens Academy is a free nine-week course designed to provide an in-depth look into how your local government operates.
- Participate in dialogues with, City leaders, City staff and other civic-minded residents.
- Enjoy comprehensive overviews of departments, programs, and services.
- Discover the status and future for Ocean Shores development. Tour some city facilities
- Become informed, involved citizens.
- Become ambassadors for the city and have a role in educating others about city government.
The program is designed for residents of Ocean Shores that are 18 years or older and have not been involved with city council, city commissions or city boards. Class size is 25.
This is a 9-week course, your full commitment is requested to attend the entire series.
Classes are held on Fridays starting 10:00am until noon. (Longer sessions may happen with site tours)
First class will be March 17 continuing until May 12 (note: no class on March 31)
Registration opens February 24, 2023 and closes March 7, 2023, 3:00pm
Submit a completed application:
Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Via mail (Attn: Keitha Owen, 573 Point Brown Ave NW)
Deliver a printed copy to Ocean Shores Public Library (573 Point Brown Ave NW) You will receive a confirmation email upon approval of your application.