Public Notice - Applications being accepted for the City's Lodging Tax Program
The City of Ocean Shores is soliciting applications for project or program funding through excess funds provided by the City’s Lodging Tax Program.
All prospective lodging tax recipients must apply to the city for funding. The entities that may apply for lodging tax funding are:
- Convention and visitors’ bureaus
- Destination marketing organizations
- Nonprofits, including main street organizations, lodging associations, or chambers of commerce
The funds may be used for
- Tourism marketing
- Marketing and operations of special events and festivals designed to attract tourists
- Operations and capital expenditures of tourism-related facilities owned or operated by a municipality or a public facilities district, including repayment of general obligation bonds or revenue bonds for eligible capital projects
- Operations of tourism-related facilities owned or operated by nonprofit organizations (but not capital expenditures.
Requests should be consistent with local tourism-related efforts, and applicants must be able to demonstrate and provide the following:
- Other funding sources for the project
- Project benefit to the community especially tourism-related projects that increase overnight stays in Ocean Shores
- A list of the board and/or committee members
- The organization project schedule
- The organization’s involvement in similar past projects Individuals and organizations are invited to submit funding applications September 1st through 30th, 2021.
Completed applications are due by September 30, 2021 at 3:00 PM at the James Building (Attn: City Clerk), 548 Point Brown Ave NE, Suite B (PO Box 909) Ocean Shores, WA 98569 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The first meeting of the Lodging Tax Advisory Committee will be held on Tuesday, October 5th, 2021 at 1:00pm via Zoom.