Extreme Winter Weather Expected February 24, 2021-February 26, 2021
Winter Storm Expected Tonight - Friday
National Weather Service - Seattle, WA
Issued: Wed, Feb. 24, 2021 - 05:11 AM
Next Update: 25 Feb 2021
Point of Contact: NWS Operations (24/7/365) 206-526-6095
● Persistent heavy snow expected across the Cascade Passes Thursday-Friday. Very difficult travel possible.
● Two periods of strong, gusty winds expected: Tonight - Thursday morning and Thursday night - Friday.
●Light rainfall amounts expected, rivers expected to continue to recede.
● High surf possible along the coast late Thursday into Friday may cause beach erosion and carry debris up onto area breached.
● Potentially drier weather this coming weekend.
CHANGES FROM PREVIOUS BRIEFING
● Added details on expected snow and impacts Thursday - Friday.
● Added details on wind and potential impacts for Thursday - Friday.
● High surf possible along the coast late Thursday into Friday.
WEATHER AND IMPACT OUTLOOK
CONFINDENCE AND DETAILS
For the latest forecast updates, visit www.weather.gov/seattle.
Click here for additional information on current system