High Surf Expected Tuesday Night, Dec. 15, 2020 and Wednesday Morning , Dec. 16, 2020
Issued: Tue, Dec 15, 2020 - 02:46 AM
Next Update: 16 Dec 2020
Point of Contact: NWS Operations (24/7/365) 206-526-6095
Large waves between 18 and 22 feet will affect the Washington Coast tonight and Wednesday morning.
Changes from Previous Briefing
A second round of large waves around 20 feet are possible on Thursday.
Weather and Impact Outlook
Confidence and Details
Washington CoastHigh Confidence
- Large waves will cause beach erosion and carry debris (e.g. tree logs) onshore.
- Tonight and Wednesday Morning:
- Waves 18 to 22 feet at 16 to 18 seconds.
- Wednesday Afternoon and evening::
- Seas will gradually subside to 12 to 14 feet at 12 to 14 seconds.
- A second batch of large waves 18 to 21 feet at 13 or 14 seconds could arrive in the morning.
For the latest forecast updates, visit www.weather.gov/seattle.
If you have questions or would like to submit weather reports, photos, or to unsubscribe from these briefings, email firstname.lastname@example.org.