Property Watch Registration
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE PROPERTY WATCH PROGRAM:
- Property watches are for residences only. No property watches will be accepted for vacant lots or sheds on lots.
- Property watch forms must be filled out completely. Make sure the form is signed and all information is legible.
- No property watches will be taken over the phone. You must come to the Police Department in person, as your signature is required on the form.
- Property must be identified by complete street address. Address numbers must be clearly posted on the residence.
- Alarm information must include names and phone numbers or persons able to reset or shut off the alarm if needed. Also, all alarm information is kept on file at the Police Department. Please fill out an alarm information form if your alarm is not in our files.
- Emergency contact information should include the name of the person, the telephone number, and an indication if they have keys to the residence.
- Property watch forms must indicate the description of any vehicles parked at the residence. Notation must also be made of anyone who will be doing maintenance or yard work at the residence.
- If any condition is discovered which may make it hazardous to check the residence (i.e. rotten deck, slippery stairs) the property watch will be cancelled until the condition is repaired.
- Property watches do not have an expiration date. You must contact the Police Department to cancel your property watch before going to the residence.
- Property watches must be temporarily suspended if the residence is used by a friend or relative. Anyone using the property must notify the Police Department prior to going to the residence. NO PHONE CALLS
- Cancellation or temporary suspension may be accomplished by coming to the station. If the business office is closed, the property watch may be cancelled/suspended by completing a Property Watch Cancellation form at the front door of the Police Station. NO PHONE CALLS.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS WILL RESULT IN THE CANCELLATION OF THE PROPERTY WATCH.
To sign up for the Property Watch Program please click here to print, fill out and return form to the Ocean Shores Police Department.
Ocean Shores Police Department
577 Pt. Brown Ave. NW
Ocean Shores, WA 98569
Emergency 911 Office (360) 289-3331 Fax (360) 289-3333