Your City Council
The City of Ocean Shores is a non-charter, code city, organized under the Mayor form of government. There are seven Council positions elected at large serving four-year terms that are staggered so that no more than three are up for election at any one time. Biennially, at the first meeting of the new Council, the members choose a chairman from among their number.
The Council is a policy making body that creates the departments of the City, the offices of the City and fixes their compensations. The City Council meets the 2nd and 4th Mondays of each month at 6:00 PM in the Convention Center.
The City Council Vision:
The Council visions the City of Ocean Shores as an attractive residential and beach resort destination community, economically able to support total build-out with living wage jobs and required technological, social, and cultural amenities.
The City Council Mission Statement:
It is the mission of the City of Ocean Shores City Council to provide effective leadership, pro-active planning to attain short and long term goals, and to strive for trust, economic prosperity, and quality of life for citizens, businesses, and visitors through fiscal responsibility. This Council will strive to be an open, honest representative, aggressive Council that moves pro-actively to:
- Establish adequate levels of service within available resources
- Support economic development incentives within legal parameters, with a focus on identifying locations for commercial development that will provide family wage jobs
- Address the shortage of facilities and programs that create activity opportunities for all age groups, as well as the perceived separation of the senior community
- Seek all avenues of funding, including grants, for infrastructure improvement
- This Council will establish a clear vision and goals in order to:
- Provide accurate descriptions of approved projects and their status
- Conduct clear, visual public briefings on the use of revenues
- Improve public relations through a better flow of information
- Ethical behavior
- Responsible actions
This Council's values are:
This Council will be distinctive through its approach to:Local autonomy
- Open communication with the citizens
Position No. 3, Term 2012 - 2015
( E-mail )
Position No. 4, Term 2012 - 2015
( E-mail )